Re: Subjects as Literals

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 11:17 PM, Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us> wrote:
[...]
>> This is
>> the canonical way to find it's meaning, and is the initial procedure we
>> should use to arbitrate between competing understandings of its meaning.
>
> Whoo, I doubt if that idea is going to fly. I sincerely hope not. Using
> that, how would you determine the meaning of the DC vocabulary?

It's also worth bearing in mind that Web sites get hacked from time to
time. W3C gets attacked regularly (but is pretty robust). The FOAF
servers were compromised a year or two back (but the xmlns.com site
was untouched). For a while, foaf-project.org was serving evil PHP and
ugly links, as was my own home page. This kind of mischief should be
kept in mind by anyone building a system that assumes you'll get
canonical meaning from an HTTP GET...

cheers,

Dan