Re: [ANN] Uberblic.org V1.0 - data consolidation for the web of data

Georgi Kobilarov wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm very excited to announce Version 1.0 of our linked data consolidation
> service Uberblic [1].
>
> The goal of Uberblic is to provide developers with an easy and reliable
> access point to the Web of Data. To achieve this we integrate web data
> sources into a central repository and reconcile the streams of data we
> collect from web APIs. We curate, integrate and consolidate data from across
> many Web data sources, including Wikipedia (English and German),
> Musicbrainz, Geonames, Foursquare, MovieDB, LastFM, Freebase, several BBC
> datasets, Drugbank, and Diseasome.
>
> This new release features many new developer APIs, including an
> Update-Feed-API, Consolidation API, Search, Lookup, and of course Linked
> Data access and a SPARQL endpoint.
> Read more about it at http://uberblic.org/2010/07/uberblic-v1/
>
> Many thank to our friends at Talis for their support and for hosting a
> public sparql endpoint for the uberblic data set.
>
> Best,
> Georgi
>

> [1] http://uberblic.org

Georgi,

Congrats re. 1.0 release!

One thing, please confirm the situation re. Uberblic and DBpedia at the
ontology level, are they 1:1 or do you have an alternative ontology for
Uberlic.

BTW -- congrats to Germany re. World Cup! Their's to lose IMHO (so keep
that Jersey on etc..).

Kingsley
> --
> Georgi Kobilarov