Re: "destabilizing core technologies: was Re: An RDF wishlist

Hi Ian,

Am 02.07.2010 12:26, schrieb Ian Davis:
> On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 11:13 AM, Bob Ferris<zazi@elbklang.net>  wrote:
>> Hi Ian,
>>
>>> But now people are seeing some of
>>>
>>> the data being made available in browseable form e.g. at data.gov.uk
>>> or dbpedia and saying, "I want to make one of those".
>>
>> I don't really believe that people would say after browsing dbpedia "I want
>> to make one of those". That's not the User Experience users expect to get.
>> Please remember the "Semantic-Web-UI" discussion last time. People are
>> tending to use/experience richer visualisations of the
>> data/knowledge/information in the background. I hear often, especially in
>> the last time, the term 'story telling' - and that's it, I think.
>

> Actually there is a class of people that do say that. They want to be
> the "dbpedia of X", whatever X is. No matter how much we can criticise
> dbpedia for its appearance or data quality, we have to applaud the
> fact that it defined a new category of service.

You are right, I welcomed it also, when people are saying after they
have browsed dbpedia - "I want to make one of those". However, I believe
also that the number X representing these people, is much smaller as the
number Y of people wanting a richer User Experience.

Cheers,

Bob