Re: Ontology for semantic web technologies field

you can take a look at:

the ontology metadata vocabulary, http://omv.ontoware.org/2005/05/ontology

as for repositories, I would say the best tech right now is offered by
http://bioportal.bioontology.org/
there is a version of this technology, BioPortal, outside of the biomedical
domain, take a look at: http://ontologies.informatik.uni-bremen.de/

There are other repositories, WATSON, TONES, etc. but Bioportal is just far
ahead; there are tools associated with it, it offers a nice API, developing
specific plug ins is feasible, etc.

--
Alexander Garcia
http://www.alexandergarcia.name/