Re: Quality Criteria for Linked Data sources

Hi Annika,

Here is a quick feedback. This is an interesting summary.

I had a similar comment on the fact that you do not seem to focus on the
reuse of classes and properties from other models or the creation of links
between the local properties and classes and other properties and classes
defined in other models.
Also, the connection of the dataset to the different semantic Web tools
(e.g., local ontology recorded in an ontology repository, dataset
declared/found in existing tools, e.g. Sindice ... equivalent to search
engine optimization).
The number of internal and external links is a very important quality
criterion. I would also pick the number of links to the dataset (i.e. other
dataset having reused URIs defined in this dataset or defined specific
relations to those).
Finally, you seem to be addressing different things, such as timeliness of
the data but without reusing a complete data quality framework, including
accuracy for instance (see Diane Hillmann's work for instance on this
http://www.ecommons.cornell.edu/handle/1813/7895). So if you are looking for
criteria which are only specific to Linked data, then I am not certain this
one is so specific. Otherwise, then you probably would need other criteria
from traditional data quality metrics.

I hope that helps and keep us posted

Muriel Foulonneau
Tudor Research Centre