Re: www.shopforia.com exposes GoodRelations in RDFa for 104,000 items / 5 mio. triples

Hi Constatine,

Yes, I consider that good practice.

 > I can't see the benefit this might give to any agent making use of
the triples.

owl:imports means that the model shall include all axioms from the
imported ontologies. Often (but not always), the same effect can be
achieved by dereferencing the URIs of all conceptual elements mentioned
in a document.

I know that some people in the LOD community don't think owl:imports is
necessary, but I do. There have been lengthy discussions about that, but
basically RDFa is just one of many syntactical variants for RDF, so
there is no strong argument for arbitrarily omitting anything.

BTW, I just found that there are some other quirks in the markup. We
already contacted the site owner and hope he will fix them shortly.

Best
Martin