Re: [Patterns] Materialize Inferences (was Re: Triple materialization at publisher level)

Patrick Logan wrote:
> But the "Materialize Inferences" is indicating there are forces on the
> data provider to perform those inferences over equivalent links at the
> source, and to make (materialize) the resulting links explicitly?
>
> What are those forces that would lean a developer one way or the
> other? They seem to be based on the capabilities of the data
> _consumer_.

Yes, these forces are the actual capabilities of current and likely
future Linked Data consumers. Thus, the application of this pattern
depends on which consumers a given publisher expects to work with.

If you publish data in an intranet where you control all the clients and
can ensure that they understand your vocabularies and/or eagerly reason
over the data themselves, you don't need this pattern. But for the open
LD web, I don't think it's realistic to assume that most clients can
handle this, neither now nor in the near future.

By the way, this pattern is incremental. One doesn't need to do it right
from the beginning.

--
Vasiliy Faronov