Re: [Patterns] Materialize Inferences (was Re: Triple materialization at publisher level)

On 07/04/2010 14:02, "Vasiliy Faronov" <vfaronov@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dan Brickley wrote:
>> This is where the delicate tradeoffs come into play, and where we
>> would all benefit if there were conventions for documenting the
>> information needs (eg. SPARQL templates) of consuming apps.
>
> That's a nice idea.
>
> I wouldn't say SPARQL templates though, as that's somewhat limiting and
> not easily machine-processable. An RDF vocabulary for describing
> information needs and/or capabilities, with predicates like
> "can_understand_class" or "can_infer", would be sufficiently abstract
> and also link nicely into the existing descriptions of the vocabularies
> in question. (And SPARQL 1.1 adds URIs for entailment regimes I think?)
>
> Has anything like this been done already?
voiD?

I have wondered whether voiD, subset or a variant, could be used to describe
the vocabularies used in a Linked Data app.

So what would the voiD description of RKBExplorer look like?
Here are the vocabs and elements it uses for display, from the fresnel file.
Can't see it is hard to use voiD to capture that.
What else would be needed?

Cheers
Hugh

@prefix akt:        <http://www.aktors.org/ontology/portal#> .
@prefix akte:        <http://www.aktors.org/ontology/extension#> .
@prefix akts:        <http://www.aktors.org/ontology/support#> .
@prefix bibo:        <http://purl.org/ontology/bibo> .
@prefix courseware:
<http://courseware.rkbexplorer.com/ontologies/courseware#> .
@prefix dc:        <http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/> .
@prefix dcterms:    <http://purl.org/dc/terms/> .
@prefix f:        <http://www.w3.org/2004/09/fresnel#> .
@prefix foaf:        <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/> .
@prefix jisc:        <http://www.rkbexplorer.com/ontologies/jisc#> .
@prefix project:    <http://research.data.gov.uk/def/project/> .
@prefix rdf:        <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#> .
@prefix rdfs:        <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#> .
@prefix resex:        <http://resex.rkbexplorer.com/ontologies/resex#> .
@prefix resist:        <http://resex.rkbexplorer.com/ontologies/resist#> .
@prefix skos:        <http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core#> .
@prefix stuff:        <http://purl.org/stuff/project/> .
@prefix swrc:        <http://swrc.ontoware.org/ontology#> .
@prefix xsd:        <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#> .
f:classLensDomain akt:Abstract-Information ;
f:classLensDomain akt:Amount-Of-Money ;
f:classLensDomain akt:Appellation ;
f:classLensDomain akt:Article-Reference ;
f:classLensDomain akt:Book-Reference ;
f:classLensDomain akt:Book-Section-Reference ;
f:classLensDomain akt:Conference-Proceedings-Reference ;
f:classLensDomain akt:Currency ;
f:classLensDomain akt:Funding ;
f:classLensDomain akt:Journal ;
f:classLensDomain akt:Organization ;
f:classLensDomain akt:Organization-Unit ;
f:classLensDomain akt:Person ;
f:classLensDomain akt:Proceedings-Paper-Reference ;
f:classLensDomain akt:Project ;
f:classLensDomain akt:Publication-Reference ;
f:classLensDomain akt:Technical-Report-Reference ;
f:classLensDomain akt:Thesis-Reference ;
f:classLensDomain akt:Web-Reference ;
f:classLensDomain akt:Workshop-Proceedings-Reference ;
f:classLensDomain akte:Publication-Reference ;
f:classLensDomain akts:Calendar-Date ;
f:classLensDomain akts:Thing ;
f:classLensDomain akts:Time-Interval ;
f:classLensDomain courseware:Course ;
f:classLensDomain dcterms:BibliographicResource ;
f:classLensDomain foaf:Organization ;
f:classLensDomain foaf:Person ;
f:classLensDomain foaf:Project ;
f:classLensDomain jisc:Programme ;
f:classLensDomain jisc:Project ;
f:classLensDomain rdfs:Class ;
f:classLensDomain resex:Resilience-Mechanism ;
f:classLensDomain swrc:affiliation ;
f:property akt:article-of-journal ;
f:property akt:has-author ;
f:property akt:has-funding ;
f:property akt:has-grant-value ;
f:property akt:has-leading-organization ;
f:property akt:has-project-leader ;
f:property akt:has-publication-reference ;
f:property akt:works-for ;
f:property akts:begins-at-time-point ;
f:property akts:ends-at-time-point ;
f:property courseware:has-author ;
f:property courseware:has-courseware ;
f:property courseware:submitted-by ;
f:property courseware:taught-at ;
f:property dcterms:creator ;
f:property jisc:affiliation ;
f:property resex:submitted-by ;
f:property swrc:affiliation ;
f:propertyFormatDomain akt:article-of-journal ;
f:propertyFormatDomain akt:depicted-in ;
f:propertyFormatDomain akt:full-name ;
f:propertyFormatDomain akt:has-URL ;
f:propertyFormatDomain akt:has-author ;
f:propertyFormatDomain akt:has-email-address ;
f:propertyFormatDomain akt:has-fax-number ;
f:propertyFormatDomain akt:has-funding ;
f:propertyFormatDomain akt:has-goals ;
f:propertyFormatDomain akt:has-job-title ;
f:propertyFormatDomain akt:has-leading-organization ;
f:propertyFormatDomain akt:has-page-numbers ;
f:propertyFormatDomain akt:has-project-leader  ;
f:propertyFormatDomain akt:has-telephone-number ;
f:propertyFormatDomain akt:has-title ;
f:propertyFormatDomain akt:has-volume ;
f:propertyFormatDomain akt:has-web-address ;
f:propertyFormatDomain akt:works-for ;
f:propertyFormatDomain akte:has-abstract ;
f:propertyFormatDomain akts:begins-at-time-point ;
f:propertyFormatDomain akts:ends-at-time-point ;
f:propertyFormatDomain akts:has-pretty-name ;
f:propertyFormatDomain courseware:course-objectives ;
f:propertyFormatDomain courseware:detailed-description ;
f:propertyFormatDomain courseware:has-assessment-method ;
f:propertyFormatDomain courseware:has-author ;
f:propertyFormatDomain courseware:has-courseware ;
f:propertyFormatDomain courseware:has-language ;
f:propertyFormatDomain courseware:has-prerequisite ;
f:propertyFormatDomain courseware:has-student-interaction-type ;
f:propertyFormatDomain courseware:has-title ;
f:propertyFormatDomain courseware:hours-of-labs ;
f:propertyFormatDomain courseware:hours-of-lectures ;
f:propertyFormatDomain courseware:hours-of-personal-study ;
f:propertyFormatDomain courseware:number-of-credits ;
f:propertyFormatDomain courseware:submitted-by ;
f:propertyFormatDomain courseware:taught-at ;
f:propertyFormatDomain dc:date ;
f:propertyFormatDomain dc:description ;
f:propertyFormatDomain dc:format ;
f:propertyFormatDomain dc:identifier ;
f:propertyFormatDomain dc:publisher ;
f:propertyFormatDomain dc:relation ;
f:propertyFormatDomain dc:subject ;
f:propertyFormatDomain dc:title ;
f:propertyFormatDomain dc:type ;
f:propertyFormatDomain dcterms:creator ;
f:propertyFormatDomain foaf:address ;
f:propertyFormatDomain foaf:depiction ;
f:propertyFormatDomain foaf:full-name ;
f:propertyFormatDomain foaf:homepage ;
f:propertyFormatDomain foaf:img ;
f:propertyFormatDomain foaf:mbox ;
f:propertyFormatDomain foaf:name ;
f:propertyFormatDomain foaf:page ;
f:propertyFormatDomain foaf:phone ;
f:propertyFormatDomain foaf:telephone ;
f:propertyFormatDomain jisc:affiliation ;
f:propertyFormatDomain jisc:description ;
f:propertyFormatDomain jisc:end-date ;
f:propertyFormatDomain jisc:governance ;
f:propertyFormatDomain jisc:homepage ;
f:propertyFormatDomain jisc:institution ;
f:propertyFormatDomain jisc:name ;
f:propertyFormatDomain jisc:programme ;
f:propertyFormatDomain jisc:start-date ;
f:propertyFormatDomain jisc:workpackage ;
f:propertyFormatDomain project:projectAbstract ;
f:propertyFormatDomain rdfs:comment ;
f:propertyFormatDomain rdfs:label ;
f:propertyFormatDomain resex:addresses-threat-to-resilience ;
f:propertyFormatDomain resex:assessability-comment ;
f:propertyFormatDomain resex:detailed-description ;
f:propertyFormatDomain resex:mechanism-objectives ;
f:propertyFormatDomain resex:submitted-by ;
f:propertyFormatDomain stuff:startDate ;