Re: Yahoo RDFa enahced results example

Evan Goer wrote:

> On Sep 27, 2009, at 2:51 PM, Martin Hepp (UniBW) wrote:
>
>> Hi Juan,
>>
>> Juan Sequeda wrote:
>>
>>> *One final question. Yahoo crawls all vocabularies while Google only
>>> crawls
>>> their vocabulary, right?
>> To my knowledge, both crawl only a predefined list of vocabs.
>> Fortunately, Yahoo crawls standard vocabs, Google invented their own
>
> That's correct, we understand a predefined list of vocabs. We try to
> be "omnivorous" -- we're willing to consider any format that is A)
> popular on the web or B) has reached some threshold of "doneness". We
> even support ad-hoc formats like Facebook Share for video.
>
>>> Austin is the live music capital of the world, so
>>> imagine the amount of music and event data on websites. If I use the
>>> music
>>> ontology to mark up the data, will Yahoo crawl this and potentially
>>> use it
>>> in their search results?
>> You have to ask Yahoo :-)
>
> It would be great to have a music ontology, as we have Yahoo! Music
> and Yahoo! Upcoming (an event website -- many of which are concerts).
> Make a real, solid music ontology, and we will strongly consider
> supporting it.

There has been a solid Music Ontology available for a few years [1]  :-)

>>> What is the best vocabulary for events (venue,
>>> time, description, price)?
>>>
>> For events, I don't know. There is an austrian initiative, but it is
>> still pretty much alpha.

I believe the Event Ontology covers most of this (bar GoodRelations
meshing, which a recipe can be drawn up for etc.) [2].

>> As for the price: GoodRelations. Because, again an important
>> distinction: It is not the event that has a price - it is a ticket
>> (permission) to attend the event that has a price ;-)
>
> We support a basic event template.[2] Event + pricing would almost
> certainly be what Martin suggests -- some combo of our existing Event
> template + GoodRelations for the ticket product inside. But we have
> some homework to do on that one. :)
As per earlier comment, a recipe will be knocked up for that as per
usual re. growing GoodRelations recipes collection [3] .

Links:

1. http://musicontology.com/
2. http://motools.sourceforge.net/event/event.html
3.