Re: What about music-related URIs???

On 7/09/2009 5:44 AM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> Using the native MBZ URIs within the MBZ domain is the way forward.
> Naturally, the pages should also include RDFa and then they won't need
> to redirect anything. Basically, stick with HTML+RDFa as the default
> metadata representation served up from data space: musicbrainz.org .
> It is going to be much easier for User Agents to become RDFa aware
> than it would ever be for Web publishers to globally implement Content
> Negotiation based Identity dissambiguation.  Of course, this doesn't
> invalidate the deep utility of Content Negotiation -- in general --
> it simply means that its relationship to Linked Data Web boostrap
> (activation threshold reduction) is inverse in nature :-)
>
> You must be able to publish rich metadata in text form without
> possessing Web Server admin privileges, bottom line.
+1

Now if the HTML 5 mob just saw it that way... ;)  Now that really is the
topic for another conversation!

I am oh so happy to be hearing this more and more. Embedding RDFa into
HTML is the way forward for the vast majority of websites. It removes
the whole complexity of server configs, content negotiation, what is and
isn't a thing, blah, blah blah.

I worked with the ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) to launch a
digital radio site built with Drupal. We were faced with what URI to use
and this conversation will indeed help. I will update the code
accordingly to musicbrainz.

Cheers,

David