Re: W3C Workshop on Access Control Application Scenarios

On Thursday 08 October 2009, Dan Brickley wrote:
> > as you may know, there are many issues around identity
> > management. Some of them touch on access control. W3C had
> > numerous requests to help shed some light into new challenges
> > on access control as well as talking about application
> > scenarios, the semantics they require and the challenges that
> > come with them.
>
> Are any of these requests on the public record? (or W3C Member
>  record at least).

W3C participates in PrimeLife and was also present at several
meetings of the cloud computing cloud where those issues arose. But
I don't have the time now to search my archives for the pointers.

> > Therefore, W3C is organizing this Workshop on Access Control
> > Application Scenarios
> >
> > http://www.w3.org/2009/policy-ws/cfp.html
>
> I don't see any mention of oauth or openid there; would you like
>  to encourage members of those communities to participate?

They're welcome, but be warned that we anticipate that XACML and its
applications will take significant time and bandwidth at the
workshop.

We may organize further workshops to more specifically address
access control issues around the oauth/openid stack, if there is
sufficient interest in those communities. We'd be happy to talk more
around IIW and the Oauth/openid summit in early November.

Best,

Rigo