Re: how to consume linked data

Kingsley & All:

OK, it took a few weeks to put my thoughts together, but I think you'll
enjoy reading this new post called Linked Data: Interpretants and
Interpretation.

http://phaneron.rickmurphy.org/?p=36

See below for additional comments.

Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> rick wrote:
>> Danny & All:
>>
>> Of course there's been a lot of work on this subject over the years.
>> You can find one nice piece on analogical reasoning here [1].
>>
>> But for linked data to become useful it's important to refine our
>> understanding of web architecture beginning with the language of
>> resources. I'm currently working up a piece for my blog on this topic.
>> Stay tuned.
> Amen re. resources!

Amen.

> information and non-information resource terminology is only second to
> RDF/XML re. historic impediments to comprehending essence of Semantic
> Web Project vision.

I agree that resource terminology remains an impediment even after
browsing the TAG discussions and understanding the background of some
key W3C recommendations. I hope Interpretants and Interpretation
furthers the long standing discussion of resources and URIs in W3C.

If by the essence of the semantic web project vision you mean the 2003
Scientific American article, you'll find Interpretants and
Interpretation speaks directly to an updated RDF model theory to support
the 2003 article.

I don't intend the suggestions in Interpretants and Interpretation as a
criticism. It took me more than a few years of careful research and a
lot of help from the very smart folks who got us where we are today to
understand these issues.

--
Rick

cell: 703-201-9129