RE: Linked (genealogy) data

Yes that's the one I used in my linked data :)

John

-----Original Message-----
From: tomkeays@gmail.com on behalf of Tom Keays
Sent: Fri 10/2/2009 18:38
To: Danny Ayers
Cc: Simon Reinhardt; John Goodwin; public-lod@w3.org; semantic-web@w3.org; Ian Davis
Subject: Re: Linked (genealogy) data

Very nice start. FOAF by itself seems incomplete to describe actual
relationships between people. "knows" just doesn't tell you much.
Ian's RELATIONSHIP vocabulary seems like it does though,

http://vocab.org/relationship/

>>> http://www.johngoodwin.me.uk/family/I0265
>>> http://www.johngoodwin.me.uk/family/F003
>>>
>>> Birth/death events are linked to places in DBpedia, e.g.
>>>
>>> http://www.johngoodwin.me.uk/family/event1918
>>
>> Cool stuff!
>>
>> I've thought about this as well for some time and did an initial draft of an
>> ontology for very detailed genealogy description:
>> http://bloody-byte.net/rdf/genealogy/gen.ttl
>> Like Toby I'm using GRAMPS and I have to admit I don't really know much
>> about the inner workings of GEDCOM so I don't know what feature is part of
>> GRAMPS and what GEDCOM can actually do but anyway, my ontology draft is
>> mainly inspired by all the detail you can add to stuff in GRAMPS. :-)
>> Comments welcome!
>>
>> Regards,
>>  Simon
>>

> --
> http://danny.ayers.name

This email is only intended for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential information. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this email which must not be copied, distributed or disclosed to any other person.

Unless stated otherwise, the contents of this email are personal to the writer and do not represent the official view of Ordnance Survey. Nor can any contract be formed on Ordnance Survey's behalf via email. We reserve the right to monitor emails and attachments without prior notice.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Ordnance Survey
Romsey Road
Southampton SO16 4GU