Re: Linked (genealogy) data

John Goodwin wrote:
> I've been working on my family tree as linked data in my spare time. A few sample URIs for anyone interested:
>
> http://www.johngoodwin.me.uk/family/I0243
> http://www.johngoodwin.me.uk/family/I0265
> http://www.johngoodwin.me.uk/family/F003
>
> Birth/death events are linked to places in DBpedia, e.g.
>
> http://www.johngoodwin.me.uk/family/event1918

Cool stuff!

I've thought about this as well for some time and did an initial draft of an ontology for very detailed genealogy description: http://bloody-byte.net/rdf/genealogy/gen.ttl
Like Toby I'm using GRAMPS and I have to admit I don't really know much about the inner workings of GEDCOM so I don't know what feature is part of GRAMPS and what GEDCOM can actually do but anyway, my ontology draft is mainly inspired by all the detail you can add to stuff in GRAMPS. :-)
Comments welcome!

Regards,
  Simon