Re: Subjects & Tagging - Help?

From: Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 16:33:54 +0000
To: nathan@webr3.org
Cc: public-lod@w3.org
On Wed, 2009-11-04 at 14:26 +0000, Nathan wrote:
> Primary question in this scenario is why dc:subject through to local tag
> then tag associated with moat:localMeaning rather than dc:subject
> straight through to dbpedia resource? ...
>
> .. as from the dc docs I gathered that "This term (dc:subject) is
> intended to be used with non-literal values as defined in the DCMI
> Abstract Model (http://dublincore.org/documents/abstract-model/). As of
> December 2007, the DCMI Usage Board is seeking a way to express this
> intention with a formal range declaration."

For me it wasn't an question of what to link to when using dc:subject;
but rather which predicate to use when linking from a foaf:Document to a
skos:Concept. dc:subject seemed the ideal solution.

Can dc:subject be used to link straight from a document to a dbpedia
resource? Maybe. The definition is sufficiently woolly. Personally if I
were linking directly between them I'd use foaf:topic/foaf:page.

> Also, noted that you opted for a different doc type "XHTML+RDFa
> 1.0+Role" in demiblog (assumed you're the core dev) any specific notes
> on why you're using a customised DTD rather than XHTML+RDFa or HTML5?

I use the role attribute which is not defined by the XHTML+RDFa DTD.

http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-role/

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>