Re: ANN: GoodRelations - E-Commerce on the Web of Data - New Datasets and Applications

On 20 May 2009, at 16:38, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> Steve Harris wrote:
>> Alternatively you could put that data in a RDF store, and just
>> serve up the fragments using a wrapped CONSTRUCT query.
>>
>> That's what we do for qdos.com, eg
>>  http://qdos.com/user/Steve-Harris/18b6f60b41e05aaa418565ebfe901d6b/rdfxml
>> and it's pretty efficient, more efficient that storing 1000
>> separate files as XML.
>>
>> The downside is that the RDF is not very pretty to look at, but it
>> could be with a better RDF/XML serialiser.
>>
>> - Steve
> Steve,
>
> The data is already in an RDF Store. Of course, you can add yours
> etc. :-)
>
> Martin should have sent links like:
>
> 1. http://tr.im/lThV -- the whole ontology
> 2. http://tr.im/lTiC -- sampling of Products or Service Model
> instance data

Cool, how do I for eg. get the immediate data around http://openean.kaufkauf.net/id/EanUpc_0001067792600
  out? It's not obvious how you request it.

Do I just issue SPARQL to somewhere? The SPARQL link at the bottom
goes to a page about SPARQL.
I poked around for a bit and tried
http://lod.openlinksw.com/sparql?query=DESCRIBE+%3Chttp%3A%2F%2Fopenean.kaufkauf.net%2Fid%2FEanUpc_0001067792600%3E&output=n3
but it gives an error, so I'm not sure what I did wrong.

- Steve

--
Steve Harris
Garlik Limited, 2 Sheen Road, Richmond, TW9 1AE, UK