Re: Version 0.5.0 of server package released

Peter Ansell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The next version of the server software has been released on sourceforge. [1]
>
> It contains a number of changes that will hopefully make it more useful for the tasks we want to do with linked rdf queries.
>
> One major one is the introduction of content negotiation, which has been tested for N3 (using text/rdf+n3) and RDF/XML (using application/rdf+xml). It was made possible this quickly after the last release by the use of the content negotiation code from Pubby, the driver behind the DBpedia web interface and URI resolution mechanism. It is also possible to explicitly get to the N3 format currently by prefixing the URL with /n3/ See [2] for an example. The ability to explicitly get to the RDF/XML will be added in future.

Great move re. content negotiation improvements!

Important correction:

Pubby *was* used to deploy Linked Data in front of the Virtuoso SPARQL
endpoint for DBpedia during the early stages of the project.

Virtuoso's in-built Linked Data deployment functionality [1] is how
DBpedia's Linked Data has been deployed for a quite some time now.

Just want to keep the facts crystal clear :-)

[SNIP]

Links:

1.
http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/Whitepapers/html/vdld_html/VirtDeployingLinkedDataGuide.html