Re: vCard - Old vs. New?

> On 6 May 2009, at 21:43, Peter Mika wrote:
>
> > We agreed that the proposal for Representing VCard in RDF
> > <http://www.w3.org/TR/vcard-rdf> by Renato Iannella is NOW DEPRECATED.
>
> As the author of the above this is news to me!
>
> Can anyone declare a W3C NOTE as deprecated?
>
> I was always happy and open to update the W3C Note to changing
> requirements....

Interestingly, it doesn't seem like this question has ever come up
before.  If there were a Working Group with this in scope, it could
(following appropriate process) publish a new version at that same
location, but short of that, there's no handy solution.  Harry and I
have talked about it, though, and will try to come up with something.

(Obviously it would depend on there being some kind of community
consensus on what to do about it, or at least approval from you and/or
your employer at the time (IPR Systems).  They're no longer W3C members;
do you know if they have any involvement in this area any more?)

      -- Sandro