Re: LOD in the webpage

On Tue, 2009-05-05 at 12:57 -0700, Terry Brooks wrote:
> Are there examples available of making AJAX calls to a LOD repository
> such as DBpedia and then displaying the results on a webpage?

The edit user profile feature on http://alpha.libre.fm/ does this. If
the user supplies their location, they can do an AJAX lookup for it on
geonames.org and the site will save that location into their profile as
a URI.

Under the hood, geonames' JSON API is used, because parsing RDF/XML in
Javascript in a web browser doesn't sound like my idea of a good time.

--
Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>