Re: LDOW2009 Workshop now publishing Linked Data (was Re: Linked Data on the Web (LDOW2009) workshop papers online.)

Giovanni Tummarello wrote:
>>> if its one source, then fine, the source is changed and its indexed
>>> again if it has been copied.. everybody loses, i'd say :-)
>>>

>> Yes, "Data Access by Reference" is about not having to interact with "Data
>> by Value" which requires localization of data in order to actually use the
>> values :-)
>>

> .. second thought if one wants to duplicate it should be possible
> without breaking the semantic web. We must be ready to duplicates
> errrors, and ultimately spam.
>
>  Its some form of ranking that should then take care of getting the
> fresher or more authoritative version.
>

> Giovanni

Giovanni,

Nice segue into latest incarnation of LOD instance [1] which now has
Entity Rank, URI Lookups, and Autocomplete (re. URI Lookups). It also
has stats link from the page describing an entity [3].

Haven't made official shoutout since we are still verifying, loading,
deleting, and cleansing data, so response times remain volatile at best
:-) That said, you can still use the system to get the general gist of
what we are ultimately going to unleash.

Links:

1. http://lod.openlinksw.com
2.
http://lod.openlinksw.com/fct/rdfdesc/usage.vsp?g=http%3A%2F%2Fdbpedia.org%2Fresource%2FBarack_Obama&sid=12923