Re: The Guardian Open Platform and Data Store

John Goodwin wrote:
> Some/all of you probably heard that the Guardian released their new Open Platform/Data Store today [1].
>
> Wouldn't it be great to see this as part of the linked data web?? [2]

Big time!

Clearly old media stalwarts are catching on to the "Fish" vs "Wine"
analogy re. data.

To quote:
"Comment, as Guardian founding editor CP Scott said, is free, but facts
are sacred." -- The Guardian's editor-in-chief on why data matters.

There only been a two week lag between the New York Times effort and the
Guardian response.

They have chat spaces at:
1. http://groups.google.com/group/guardian-api-talk
2. http://groups.google.com/group/guardian-data-talk  (*this one has a
callout re. Linked Data already :-) * ).

Also note, since they use Google Spreadsheet as the data space, the
RDFization shouldn't be that difficult (Google Spreadsheet supports
Named Ranges).

Kingsley

> John
>
> [1] http://simonwillison.net/2009/Mar/10/openplatform/
> [2] http://johngoodwin225.wordpress.com/2009/03/10/the-guardian-open-platform-and-data-store/
> .
>

> This email is only intended for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential information. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this email which must not be copied, distributed or disclosed to any other person.
>
> Unless stated otherwise, the contents of this email are personal to the writer and do not represent the official view of Ordnance Survey. Nor can any contract be formed on Ordnance Survey's behalf via email. We reserve the right to monitor emails and attachments without prior notice.
>
> Thank you for your cooperation.
>
> Ordnance Survey
> Romsey Road
> Southampton SO16 4GU