Re: Finding SPAQL endpoints?

Daniel/LOD Community,
I've seen this as a problem myself, not only finding SPARQL endpoints for
datasets, but finding relevant datasets to begin with.  I had the idea to
create a Community within Knoodl <http://www.knoodl.com/ui/home.html> that
could serve as a sort of semantic dataset registry.  The idea is that
dataset owners can create instances of void:Dataset which represent their
dataset and then describe them (using OWL) in sufficient detail that they
could be discovered and then found on the web.

I started a Community in Knoodl called
Dataset_Registry.<http://www.knoodl.com/ui/groups/Dataset_Registry> So
far, all I have done is import the VoID ontology.  I have not created any
instances of Datasets, but I have set the permissions of the Community so
that any registered user can edit any content, including creating their own
instances. I am sure that I could take this idea quite a bit further if
people begin to use the Community.

If anyone is interested in this idea, please let me know.

Mike Lang
Revelytix, Inc.

phone: 410-584-0009 (office)
          443-928-3782 (cell)