Re: .htaccess a major bottleneck to Semantic Web adoption / Was: Re: RDFa vs RDF/XML and content negotiation

Hi Toby,

Yes...of course...you are right. :)

I would say too, that reification is even more long-winded than the
example you have given! You don't have the actual statement "the sky
is blue" in your mark-up, so you need even more RDFa. (You only have
the statement "Mark says 'the sky is blue'".)

But either way, you are right that the whole thing can be spelt out
longhand (as can lists).

The only reason I mentioned it was because for a long time in RDFa we
had a much simpler construct based on occurrences of *nested* <meta>
and <link> properties. However, some browsers thought they were doing
and into the <head>, which meant it was not possible to implement this
feature in JavaScript. (Obviously server-side RDFa parsers would have
had no problem with it.)

it was not obvious what triples should be generated, so we left it.
I.e., your example uses the first/next/nil technique for collections,
but of course there is also the rdf:_1 technique for a list. It wasn't
immediately clear which would be the more useful -- or conformant --
one to generate.

Regards,

Mark

--