Re: .htaccess a major bottleneck to Semantic Web adoption / Was: Re: RDFa vs RDF/XML and content negotiation

Just because it's on your server doesn't mean the visitor to the
restaurant's web page has to know that.  (Does it?)  Hmm, maybe that
takes us back to the .htaccess argument....

I agree the shop owner has to feel ownership.  So whatever solution
you choose, the shop owner has to have access to the tool which
enables its easy use, in their language and context.   I mention this
because I don't know if the snippet solution will pass that test. It
will be cool if it does.  (Please let us know how it turns out, you
are the cutting edge research here! I find what you are doing very
exciting.)

John

On Jun 25, 2009, at 12:26 PM, Martin Hepp (UniBW) wrote:

> [...]
>>> martin hepp
>>> e-business & web science research group
>>> universitaet der bundeswehr muenchen
>>>
>>> e-mail:  mhepp@computer.org
>>> phone:   +49-(0)89-6004-4217
>>> fax:     +49-(0)89-6004-4620
>>> www:     http://www.unibw.de/ebusiness/ (group)
>>>       http://www.heppnetz.de/ (personal)
>>> skype:   mfhepp twitter: mfhepp
>>>
>>> Check out the GoodRelations vocabulary for E-Commerce on the Web
>>> of Data!
>>> =
>>> =
>>> =
>>> =
>>> ====================================================================
>>>
>>> Webcast:
>>> http://www.heppnetz.de/projects/goodrelations/webcast/
>>>
>>> Talk at the Semantic Technology Conference 2009: "Semantic Web-
>>> based E-Commerce: The GoodRelations Ontology"
>>> http://tinyurl.com/semtech-hepp
>>>
>>> Tool for registering your business:
>>> http://www.ebusiness-unibw.org/tools/goodrelations-annotator/
>>>
>>> Overview article on Semantic Universe:
>>> http://tinyurl.com/goodrelations-universe
>>>
>>> Project page and resources for developers:
>>> http://purl.org/goodrelations/
>>>
>>> Tutorial materials:
>>> Tutorial at ESWC 2009: The Web of Data for E-Commerce in One Day:
>>> A Hands-on Introduction to the GoodRelations Ontology, RDFa, and
>>> Yahoo! SearchMonkey
>>>
>>> http://www.ebusiness-unibw.org/wiki/GoodRelations_Tutorial_ESWC2009
>>>

>>> <martin_hepp.vcf>
>>

>> John
>>
>> --------------
>> John Graybeal   <mailto:graybeal@mbari.org>  -- 831-775-1956
>> Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute
>> Marine Metadata Interoperability Project: http://marinemetadata.org

> martin hepp
> e-business & web science research group
> universitaet der bundeswehr muenchen
>
> e-mail:  mhepp@computer.org
> phone:   +49-(0)89-6004-4217
> fax:     +49-(0)89-6004-4620
> www:     http://www.unibw.de/ebusiness/ (group)
>        http://www.heppnetz.de/ (personal)
> skype:   mfhepp twitter: mfhepp
>
> Check out the GoodRelations vocabulary for E-Commerce on the Web of
> Data!
> =
> =
>
> Webcast:
> http://www.heppnetz.de/projects/goodrelations/webcast/
>
> Talk at the Semantic Technology Conference 2009: "Semantic Web-based
> E-Commerce: The GoodRelations Ontology"
> http://tinyurl.com/semtech-hepp
>
> Tool for registering your business:
> http://www.ebusiness-unibw.org/tools/goodrelations-annotator/
>
> Overview article on Semantic Universe:
> http://tinyurl.com/goodrelations-universe
>
> Project page and resources for developers:
> http://purl.org/goodrelations/
>
> Tutorial materials:
> Tutorial at ESWC 2009: The Web of Data for E-Commerce in One Day: A
> Hands-on Introduction to the GoodRelations Ontology, RDFa, and

John