Re: .htaccess a major bottleneck to Semantic Web adoption / Was: Re: RDFa vs RDF/XML and content negotiation

Jeremy Carroll wrote:
> Pat Hayes wrote:
>>
>> RDF should be text, in documents. One should be able to use it
>> without knowing about anything more than the RDF spec and the XML
>> spec. If it requires people to tinker with files with names starting
>> with a dot, or write code, or deploy scripts, then the entire SWeb
>> architecture is fundamentally broken.
>>

> Largely agreeing with you Pat, I think I would want to go a step
> further and say that you should be able to use RDF without knowing
> anything about the RDF spec or the XML spec, or any other spec. Web
> users are not required to read the specs.
>
> Using RDF includes publishing it. The "infrastructure" whatever that
> is should achieve the ability to publish my data in an appropriate way.
>
> Jeremy

Thanks to Twitter (which forces brevity), getting out to Semtech 2009,
and hours of discussion with Martin Hepp and Aldo Bucchi, we summarize
the current phenomena as follows:

If you are comfortable producing (X)HTML documents, then simply use RDFa
and terms from relevant vocabularies to describe yourself, your needs,
your offerings, and other things, clearly. Once you've done that, simply
leave the Web to do the REST :-)

Everything else is a technical detail (imho).

President & CEO