Re: Visualization of domain and range

Hi

Bernhard Schandl wrote:
> [1] <http://www.ifs.univie.ac.at/schandl/2009/06/domain+range_bad.png>
> [2] <http://www.ifs.univie.ac.at/schandl/2009/06/domain+range_better.png>

I like this. The former has several problems anyway: you have to repeat properties if they can hold between several classes [3] and you have to draw lines connecting lines for expressing sub-properties or inverse properties [4] which looks rather confusing and is not supported by many visual modelling tools. [3] also shows a combination of the two problems: if you draw several lines for one property, you have to connect sub-properties to each of them or to an arbitrarily selected one.
The only downside I see here is that adding ellipses for properties makes the diagram a bit more bloated.

Regards,
  Simon

[3] http://metadata.net/harmony/ABC_Class_Hierarchy_with_Properties.gif
[4] http://www.flickr.com/photos/danbri/1856478164/ (sorry Dan!)