Re: Bestbuy.com goes Semantic Web the GoodRelations Way

Aldo Bucchi wrote:
> Clarification,
>
> On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 7:57 AM, Aldo Bucchi<aldo.bucchi@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Guys,
>>
>> Let me add: Having real world use cases validate the cause in many
>> levels. In practice, this will generate a second sell, and a third,
>> etc. Domino effect.
>>
>> Or rather, the CYA effect: Until someone else has taken the risk, why
>> put your A on the line?
>>
>> So, I would call this a nice escape goat as well. And that's a LOT.
>> First kiss is most elusive. From then on it's downhill ;)
>>

> Please not that this is "in addition" to this being a good thing in
> nature ( my point sounded a bit narrow ).
> The point is: this event is even more significant than the content itself ;)
>
> Perhaps someone from the community could split markets vertically and
> monitor events relevant to each.
> This information is really valuable because it helps others trying to
> do the same.
>
> Kingsley: Does any of the upper level ontologies or LOD datasets
> provide industry sectors with a useful level of granularity?
>
> For example ( copy paste from Yahoo )
>
> (GENERIC)
> BANKING & FINANCE
> CONSTRUCTION & PROPERTY
> CONSUMER GOODS
> ENGINEERING
> HEALTH
> INDUSTRIALS
> LEISURE
> MEDIA
> NATURAL RESOURCES
> PUBLIC SECTOR
> RETAILING
> SUPPORT SERVICES
> TECHNOLOGY
> TELECOMS
> TRANSPORT
> UTILITIES
>
> And then serve this up via:
>
> LinkedData.org / showcase / ( FCT browser )
>
> Same thing would apply to the teams behind each project ( via DOAP +
> FOAF ). This is to do quick lookups if in need for specific expertise.

Yes, it's pretty much there, just need to get the new LOD instance
online etc..

Also look at the GoodRelations annotator re. sector categorization
(which uses the eCl@ss data):
http://www.ebusiness-unibw.org/tools/goodrelations-annotator/  (note:
Product Category Section) :-)

Linked Open eCommerce (LOC) is the moniker that Martin and I are using
for the eCommerce oriented application of Linked Data. Much more to come
very soon :-)

Kingsley

>> Congratulations to whoever made it happen!
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> PS. In some cases, its a good idea to stop at the first kiss... but I
>> think that the prospect of permeating the e-commerce dinosaur is sexy
>> as hell ;)

>>> Yes, but I would say SDQ in addition to SEO :-)
>>>

>>> Links:
>>> 1. http://tr.im/iv9e -- post about Serendipitous Discovery Quotient (SDQ)
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Kingsley Idehen       Weblog: http://www.openlinksw.com/blog/~kidehen
>>> President & CEO OpenLink Software     Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
>>>

>> --
>> Aldo Bucchi
>> U N I V R Z
>> Office: +56 2 795 4532
>> Mobile:+56 9 7623 8653
>> skype:aldo.bucchi
>> http://www.univrz.com/
>> http://aldobucchi.com/
>>
>> PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
>> This message is only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
>> addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If
>> you are not the intended recipient, please do not distribute or copy this
>> communication, by e-mail or otherwise. Instead, please notify us immediately by
>> return e-mail.
>> INFORMACIÓN PRIVILEGIADA Y CONFIDENCIAL
>> Este mensaje está destinado sólo a la persona u organización al cual está
>> dirigido y podría contener información privilegiada y confidencial. Si usted no
>> es el destinatario, por favor no distribuya ni copie esta comunicación, por
>> email o por otra vía. Por el contrario, por favor notifíquenos inmediatamente
>> vía e-mail.

President & CEO