Re: Bestbuy.com goes Semantic Web the GoodRelations Way

>PS. In some cases, its a good idea to stop at the first kiss... but I
>think that the prospect of permeating the e-commerce dinosaur is sexy
>as hell ;)

Yes, that is what drives me ;-)
Martin

PS: Think of the many novel e-business scenarios in affiliate marketing
etc. when you can have web-wide search on the product data space.
More here:

http://tinyurl.com/semtech-hepp

Aldo Bucchi wrote:
> Guys,
>
> Let me add: Having real world use cases validate the cause in many
> levels. In practice, this will generate a second sell, and a third,
> etc. Domino effect.
>
> Or rather, the CYA effect: Until someone else has taken the risk, why
> put your A on the line?
>
> So, I would call this a nice escape goat as well. And that's a LOT.
> First kiss is most elusive. From then on it's downhill ;)
>
> Congratulations to whoever made it happen!
>
> Regards
>
> PS. In some cases, its a good idea to stop at the first kiss... but I
> think that the prospect of permeating the e-commerce dinosaur is sexy
> as hell ;)
>
> On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 7:41 AM, Kingsley Idehen<kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
>
>> Bill Roberts wrote:
>>
>>> Yeah, I too think this is a big deal.  Semantic web in the commercial
>>> world obviously suffers the same chicken and egg problem as elsewhere, but
>>> if a big company like BestBuy just does it anyway, then services that
>>> consume and aggregate this kind of data are likely to spring up.   Semantic
>>> SEO industry starts here?
>>>

>> Yes, but I would say SDQ in addition to SEO :-)
>>

>> Links:
>> 1. http://tr.im/iv9e -- post about Serendipitous Discovery Quotient (SDQ)
>>
>> --
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Kingsley Idehen       Weblog: http://www.openlinksw.com/blog/~kidehen
>> President & CEO OpenLink Software     Web: http://www.openlinksw.com

martin hepp
e-business & web science research group
universitaet der bundeswehr muenchen

e-mail: mhepp@computer.org
phone:  +49-(0)89-6004-4217
fax:    +49-(0)89-6004-4620
www:    http://www.unibw.de/ebusiness/ (group)
 	http://www.heppnetz.de/ (personal)
skype:  mfhepp

Check out the GoodRelations vocabulary for E-Commerce on the Web of Data!

Webcast explaining the Web of Data for E-Commerce:
http://www.heppnetz.de/projects/goodrelations/webcast/

Tool for registering your business:
----------------------------------
http://www.ebusiness-unibw.org/tools/goodrelations-annotator/

Overview article on Semantic Universe:
-------------------------------------
http://tinyurl.com/goodrelations-universe

Project page and resources for developers:
http://purl.org/goodrelations/

Upcoming events:
Full-day tutorial at ESWC 2009: The Web of Data for E-Commerce in One Day: A Hands-on Introduction to the GoodRelations Ontology, RDFa, and Yahoo! SearchMonkey

http://www.eswc2009.org/program-menu/tutorials/70

Talk at the Semantic Technology Conference 2009: Semantic Web-based E-Commerce: The GoodRelations Ontology
More information: http://www.semantic-conference.com/session/1881/

Slides: http://tinyurl.com/semtech-hepp