Re: Owning URIs (Was: Yet Another LOD cloud browser)

Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> Daniel Schwabe wrote:
>> Sherman,
>> as another alternative, I urge you to take a look at Explorator [1]
>> (there is a short movie explaining the basic idea, you can also play
>> with the live interface), which can do all of what you said, and more.
>> It provides a more general exploration paradigm, of which the example
>> you give below is only one of the possibilities...
>>
>> Best
>> Daniel
>> [1] http://www.tecweb.inf.puc-rio.br/explorator.
> Daniel,
>
> When you speak to the <http://lod.openlinksw.com> instance, do you use
> SPARQL Protocol or the Faceted Browsing REST API or either depending
> on task ?
>
> I suspect SPARQL protocol,  but please confirm.

We use the SPARQL protocol, because the code is geared to deal with any
SPARQL endpoint. The only thing we have customize, precisely because of
lack of standardization, is the FTS function. There is special code to
detect when the server is Virtuoso, to use bif:contains. Other than
that, is uses standard constructs.
If I understand it correctly, the Faceted Browsing REST API would not
allow us to issue the kinds of queries we need; as I mentioned in
earlier messages, Explorator is much more than pure faceted browsing.
Did you have anything specific in mind in this regard?

Cheers
D.