Re: looking for an event ontology/vocabulary

From: Ryan Shaw <ryanshaw@ischool.berkeley.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 23:37:42 -0700
To: Michael Hausenblas <michael.hausenblas@deri.org>
Cc: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>, Lynda Hardman <Lynda.Hardman@cwi.nl>, Linked Data community <public-lod@w3.org>
On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 11:23 PM, Michael
Hausenblas<michael.hausenblas@deri.org> wrote:

> Since this works now, I've got a question: what is the versioning policy
> you're using? You obviously have a time-labelled namespace
> (http://linkedevents.org/ontology/2009-07-28/) and indeed this resolves to
> this one:
>
> curl -H "Accept: application/rdf+xml" http://linkedevents.org/ontology/Event
>
> has a
>
> xml:base="http://linkedevents.org/ontology/2009-07-28/"

This is a bug; I didn't intend to have a time-labelled namespace. The
namespace should be and stay <http://linkedevents.org/ontology/>, the
URIs with dates in them are meant to provide access to previous
versions, not to be namespaces. Thanks for pointing that out.