Re: owl:sameAs [recipe]

On 28/07/2009 13:20, "bill.roberts@planet.nl" <bill.roberts@planet.nl>
wrote:

> Hugh - I understand your point about different provenance and maintenance
> issues with linkage vs substantive knowledge, but if you dereference a URI,
> don't you want to also get the linkage information at that point?  Of course
You do usually at the moment, but I think you don't - you then want to make
a decision about what linkage to get, based on your knowledge of reliability
and utility of sources, probably combined with what the publisher
recommends.
So the RDF you get back from resolving one of our URIs such as
http://southampton.rkbexplorer.com/id/person-00021 gives recommended
coreference KBs by having things like:
<owl:Ontology rdf:about=""> ... <coref:coreferenceData
rdf:resource="http://southampton.rkbexplorer.com/crs/person-00021" />
> you could do that while still keeping the two knowledge bases separate, as
> long as your system for dereferencing can combine info from both KBs - perhaps
> that's what you mean?
So you can find the coreference data without leaving the Linked Data world
or hacking URIs. But you don't have to take it.
Best
Hugh