Re: What is the current thinking about how to tie a concept or "tag" to a webpage via LinkedData?

On Fri, 2009-07-24 at 20:15 -0500, Peter DeVries wrote:
> I was wondering what the current thinking is on ontologies that tie a
> concept or tag to a web page?

You might want to look at http://commontag.org

It is made for the purpose of being able to say what certain page and
certain terms on the page are about - using Linking Open Data & Freebase
as a vocabulary of possible meanings.

It is very simplified for the purpose of being used as RDFa. Some more
tools are coming out in the future to natively support it.

bye
andraz

> I was thinking of creating links between species entities and webpages
> that are about that species.
>

> For instance the species entity Puma concolor v6n7p represented with
> this uri:
>

> http://www.taxonconcept.org/ses/v6n7p
>

> and a web page
> that is primarily about that species like this EOL page.
>

> http://www.eol.org/pages/311910
>

> In the RDF for the species entity I describe it this way, since the
> page is primarily about this species.
>

> <foaf:isPrimaryTopicOf
> rdf:resource="http://www.eol.org/pages/311910" />
>

> But I was looking through various bookmarking ontologies and thought
> it might be useful to create RDF
> that ties the concept and a web page together. There seems to be two
> ways to do this, one via something
> like delicious (RDF representation)
>

> Or via the Annotea ontology.
>

> So I marked up this RDFa demo page.
>

> http://www.taxonconcept.org/bookmarks/v6n7p_1000
>

> I thought I should ask this list about the current best practices for
> creating these links.
>

> Thanks in Advance :-)
>

> - Pete

> Pete DeVries
> Department of Entomology
> University of Wisconsin - Madison
> 445 Russell Laboratories
> 1630 Linden Drive
> Madison, WI 53706
> Email: pdevries@wisc.edu
> GeoSpecies Knowledge Base
> About the GeoSpecies Knowledge Base
Andraz Tori, CTO
Zemanta Ltd, New York, London, Ljubljana
www.zemanta.com
mail: andraz@zemanta.com
tel: +386 41 515 767
twitter: andraz, skype: minmax_test