Re: Merging Databases

On 24/07/2009 16:28, "Alan Ruttenberg" <alanruttenberg@gmail.com> wrote:

> As a constructive suggestion, an incremental improvement to sameAs.org
> would be to systematically eradicate any references to dbpedia entries
> that are disambiguation pages on wikipedia.
>
> -Alan

Thanks Alan.
I'm not quite clear what you mean.
If I look at something like
http://dbpedia.org/resource/London_(disambiguation)
I don't get anything (or rather I get a singleton bundle, which is the
same).

In general for this sort of data, we simply reflect the decisions made by
the sources, such as dbpedia. Should we be rejecting some of their sameAs,
or is it something you think should be changed by them?

We do have a facility for "deprecating" URIs, which would mean they can be
looked up, but are never published in a bundle; that might be the sort of
thing you want?

Best
Hugh