Re: Links from Myspace to Musicbrainz

From: Leigh Dodds <leigh.dodds@talis.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 11:11:59 +0100
To: Kurt J <kurtjx@gmail.com>
Cc: Yves Raimond <yves.raimond@gmail.com>, Simon Reinhardt <simon.reinhardt@koeln.de>, public-lod@w3.org, music-ontology-specification-group@googlegroups.com
Hi,

2009/7/16 Kurt J <kurtjx@gmail.com>:
>> I am guessing it should be pretty self-forward with a simple regexp
>> substituting http://myspace.com by http://dbtune.org/myspace.
>
> this is what i'd suggest.  should work right now :-)

Yes I can do that. Feels wrong though :)

>> Otherwise, we can just change the D2R mapping to add mo:myspace links
>> as well?
>
> this would be nice actually i think, even though a bit redundant.

I agree, but I don't think its redundant. The regex works because we
can reliably pick apart the uri in this case, but not something to
generally encourage. After all these relationship between identifier
and homepage might change in the future, c.f. Facebook profile url
changes. So a little redundancy might make things a little easier(*)
and a little more future-proof.

Cheers,

L.

* I can't do that regex trick in pure SPARQL for example, which is how
I'm doing the basic cross-linking at the moment.

--
Leigh Dodds
Programme Manager, Talis Platform