Re: .htaccess a major bottleneck to Semantic Web adoption / Was: Re: RDFa vs RDF/XML and content negotiation

Externalizing the 303 feature is the good idea, imo.

But such a service should also handle the content negociation feature.
So the 303 may redirect to different URLs depending on the content
negociated. This makes the service more complex internally but
provides a very relevant service for RDF publishers (i.e they just
have to take care of one config on their server : mime-types).
Plus managing the redirect  is as easy as changing the xml:base of
their RDF/XML.