Re: .htaccess a major bottleneck to Semantic Web adoption / Was: Re: RDFa vs RDF/XML and content negotiation

From: Richard Light <richard@light.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 08:43:06 +0100
To: Hugh Glaser <hg@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Cc: Toby A Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>, Seth Russell <russell.seth@gmail.com>, Linked Data community <public-lod@w3.org>
In message
<EMEW3|b88ea541556c1ff93cb7842c018e2d08l681Q702hg|ecs.soton.ac.uk|C21D%hg
@ecs.soton.ac.uk>, Hugh Glaser <hg@ecs.soton.ac.uk> writes

>> Hash URIs are very valuable in linked data, precisely *because* they
>> can't be directly requested from a server - they allow us to bypass
>> the whole HTTP 303 issue.
>Mind you, it does mean that you should make sure that you don't put too many
>LD URIs in one document.
>If dbpedia decided to represent all the RDF in one document, and then use
>hash URIs, it would be somewhat problematic.

One aspect of this that puzzles me is how you do the "deliver a
human-readable or machine-processible version depending on the Accept
header" trick when the actual resource is a single RDF document
containing hash-referenced assertions.

Richard
--
Richard Light