Re: .htaccess a major bottleneck to Semantic Web adoption / Was: Re: RDFa vs RDF/XML and content negotiation

Mark,

disclaimer: I have nothing against the RDFa solution; I just don't think
that one size fits all :)

ok, the solutions proposed here (by myself and others) still involve
editing the .htaccess. However, compared to configuring HTTP
redirections using mod_rewrite, they have two advantages:

- they are shorter and hopefully easier to adapt
- they are more likely to be allowed for end users

So I think it is a progress.

Furthermore, some of the recipes may work without even touching the
.htaccess file, providing that

- executable files are automatically considered as CGI scripts
- index.php is automatically considered as a directory index

One size does not fit all, that is why we should provide several simple
recipes in which people may find the one that works for them.

This is why I'm asking (again) to IIS-users and (other httpd)-users to
provide non apache recipes as well.

Of course, the "publish it in RDFa" recipe is a perfectly legal one !

   pa