Re: [ANN] t4gm.info: a Linked Data rendering of the Thesaurus of Graphic Materials

On 1/19/09 11:12 AM, Bradley Allen wrote:
> Tom- Certainly not for organizational reasons; I've built this site on
> my own time and am hosting it on my own nickel. I'd be open to working
> out how to mirror the content at other sites to reduce the risk of
> loss of service, since modulo the prefix matching API it is largely
> static content. I'd be interested to hear what people thought about
> LOD best practice for doing so; I assume that some stitching overlay
> using owl:sameAs would suffice. Clearly, as the lcsh.info
> <http://lcsh.info> episode makes clear, this would be useful. -
> regards, BPA
>
> Bradley P. Allen
> http://bradleypallen.org
> +1 310 951 4300
Bradley,

Are you willing to make an RDF dump with URIs grounded in your
namespace? Once this is done, like DBpedia, NeuroCommons, and Bio2RDF we
could create mirrors (OpenLink hosted and EC2 AMIs for personal and
service specific use) that make appropriate owl:sameAs links.

All that is required in an RDF dump on your part.

Kingsley

> [...]
>
>     Tom.
>

>     2009/1/15 Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com
>     <mailto:kidehen@openlinksw.com>>:
>     > On 1/14/09 6:13 AM, Bradley Allen wrote:
>     >>
>     >> t4gm.info <http://t4gm.info> <http://www.t4gm.info> is a
>     simple, lightweight and DRY
>     >> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DRY> Linked Open Data rendering
>     in XHTML+RDFa
>     >> of the Library of Congress <http://www.loc.gov/index.html>'
>     Thesaurus for
>     >> Graphic Materials
>     <http://lcweb2.loc.gov/pp/tgmhtml/tgmabt.html>. Details
>     >> about its use and implementation can be found on its help page
>     >> <http://www.t4gm.info/help>. Comments to the undersigned are
>     welcomed. -
>     >> regards, BPA
>     >>
>     >> Bradley P. Allen
>     >> http://bradleypallen.org
>     >> +1 310 951 4300
>     >
>     > Bradley,
>     >
>     > Very cool!!
>     >
>     >
>     > --
>     >
>     >
>     > Regards,
>     >
>     > Kingsley Idehen       Weblog:
>     http://www.openlinksw.com/blog/~kidehen
>     <http://www.openlinksw.com/blog/%7Ekidehen>
>     > President&  CEO
>     > OpenLink Software     Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
>     >
>     > Please consider the environment before printing this email.
>     >
>     > Find out more about Talis at www.talis.com <http://www.talis.com>
>     > shared innovationTM
>     >
>     > Any views or personal opinions expressed within this email may
>     not be those
>     > of Talis Information Ltd or its employees. The content of this
>     email message
>     > and any files that may be attached are confidential, and for the
>     usage of
>     > the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended
>     recipient, then
>     > please return this message to the sender and delete it. Any use
>     of this
>     > e-mail by an unauthorised recipient is prohibited.
>     >
>     > Talis Information Ltd is a member of the Talis Group of
>     companies and is
>     > registered in England No 3638278 with its registered office at
>     Knights
>     > Court, Solihull Parkway, Birmingham Business Park, B37 7YB.
>     >
>     >
>     > This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security

President&  CEO