Re: Nutrition / Linked data

On 1/12/09 4:49 PM, Daniel O'Connor wrote:

>     In a web browser these display HTML, but in a tool like
>     http://dataviewer.zitgist.com/ you get RDF.
>

> Odd - its serving up HTML a little overzealously, including to the RDF
> validator
>

>     Under the hood bioGUID is an OpenURL resolver that wraps CrossRef
>     and PubMed, but also has access to JSTOR, and a database of other
>     literature that I'm building (mainly taxonomic -- I developed this
>     as part of a project on biological taxonomy).
>
>     To do a search for an article you can do an OpenURL query (and you
>     can ask for JSON or RDF to be returned), e.g.
>
>     http://bioguid.info/openurl?genre=article&title=Molecular
>     <http://bioguid.info/openurl?genre=article&title=Molecular>
>     Phylogenetics and Evolution&volume=42&spage=157&display=rdf
>
> That's perfect! One tiny feature request though -> No matches returns
> a HTTP 404 Not Found instead of an empty document?

Daniel,

There are a plethora of RDF aware user agents that you can use:
1.
http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/ode/?uri%5B%5D=http%3A%2F%2Fbioguid.info%2Fpmid%3A9628005&
- Hosted version of OpenLink Data Explorer (ODE)
2.
http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/about/html/http://bioguid.info/pmid:9628005
- Variant of ODE that starts description from the information resource
(container).

Note: in the footer of #2 there are links to other browsers.

President&  CEO