Re: OpenLibrary API RDF wrapper on Google App Engine

Richard --

On Jan 6, 2009, at 07:39 AM, Richard Cyganiak wrote:

> Nice work! Good to see OpenLibrary data in RDF, and the idea of
> deploying this on App Engine is pretty cool.

I don't really have an opinion about the App Engine deployment, but
I'm sad to see that Virtuoso's Sponger Cartridge for OpenLibrary has
apparently been overlooked...

This has been available for some months, with the following sample
links posted on the ESW wiki --

    Open Library via Virtuoso Sponger Cartridge
       OpenLibrary book entry --
          <http://openlibrary.org/b/OL7983950M>
       Description of URI --
          <http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/about/html/http://openlibrary.org/b/OL7983950M

       Linked Data from URI (RDF) --
          <http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/ode/?uri=http://openlibrary.org/b/OL7983950M

I wonder whether the other existing Sponger Cartridges have been
likewise overlooked?

See the ESW wiki for the whole list -- <http://esw.w3.org/topic/TaskForces/CommunityProjects/LinkingOpenData/DataSets#dynamically-linked-data

I'm about to move that table to a new page, and adjust a bit so that
other dynamic RDFizers can be included, with suitable notes (i.e.,
whether the URIs are dereferenceable and/or wrapper/proxy-based), but
I'll keep the fragment identifier on the DataSets page with the link
to the new page.

Be seeing you,

Ted