Re: [ol-discuss] OpenLibrary API RDF wrapper on Google App Engine

Thomas,

This is very interesting. I've spent some time looking at the OL data
and transforming it into RDF also.

Have you spent any time trying to provide more links within the data,
rather than out to other data sets?

Also, in the example you gave, http://olrdf.appspot.com/key/b/OL5218098M.rdf
  you have a contributor that looks a little odd:

	<rdf:Description rdf:about="Weisgard, Leonard, 1916- illus."/>

Is this because OL doesn't provide URIs for the illustrators? If so,
perhaps it should be a blank node:

	<bibo:contributorList rdf:parseType="Collection">
		<foaf:Person>
			<foaf:name>Weisgard, Leonard, 1916- illus.</foaf:name>
		</foaf:Person>
	</bibo:contributorList>

This is a great start. Is OL planning to integrate your work into the
OL interface?

rob

On 5 Jan 2009, at 13:21, Thomas FRANCART wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have written a wrapper to expose openlibrary.org api data as RDF.
> It is written in Python and deployed on google app engine.
> You can reach it at these URL :
>   - http://olrdf.appspot.com/key/b/OL5218098M.rdf (replace the key
> with any openlibrary item key)
>   - http://olrdf.appspot.com/isbn/2070394433.rdf (replace the ISBN
> with any isbn10 or isbn13 value)
>
> You can read more about this wrapper here : http://mondeca.wordpress.com/2009/01/05/openlibrary-api-rdf-wrapper-on-google-app-engine/
>
> Please let me know if you have any feedback on this; I would be more
> than happy to provide the python code to anyone interested,
> especially the folks at OpenLibrary if they want to host it.
>
> Best,
> Thomas
> Thomas Francart
> CTO
> Mondeca
> 3, cité Nollez 75018 Paris France
> Website: www.mondeca.com
> Blog: Leçons de choses

Rob Styles
tel: +44 (0)870 400 5000
fax: +44 (0)870 400 5001
mobile: +44 (0)7971 475 257
msn: mmmmmrob@yahoo.com
irc: irc.freenode.net/mmmmmrob,isnick
web: http://www.talis.com/
blog: http://www.dynamicorange.com/blog/
blog: http://blogs.talis.com/panlibus/
blog: http://blogs.talis.com/nodalities/
blog: http://blogs.talis.com/n2/

Find out more about Talis at www.talis.com

shared innovationTM

Any views or personal opinions expressed within this email may not be those of Talis Information Ltd or its employees. The content of this email message and any files that may be attached are confidential, and for the usage of the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient, then please return this message to the sender and delete it. Any use of this e-mail by an unauthorised recipient is prohibited.

Talis Information Ltd is a member of the Talis Group of companies and is registered in England No 3638278 with its registered office at Knights Court, Solihull Parkway, Birmingham Business Park, B37 7YB.