Re: Generate RDFa with Epiphany

Hi Benjamin,
Nice - can you create GoodRelations (http://purl.org/goodrelations/)
patterns in RDFa for existing shop pages, e.g. identify price and
product information?
Just spotting the product name, description, EAN/UPC code, and price
would already very valuable.

Best
Martin

PS: Did you see the Amazon sponger data, e.g. at

http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/about/html/http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/about/id/entity/http/www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0596518552

Benjamin Adrian wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>
> Let me introduce the RDFa annotator Epiphany:
>
> It uses configurable domain-specific Linked Data to enrich web pages
> with RDFa annotation, automatically.
> These annotations link text passages to instances inside the Linked
> Data model.
> Hovering an annotation with your mouse opens a lighting box with
> additional information from the RDF graph behind the instance's HTTP URI.
>
> Epiphany runs at: http://projects.dfki.uni-kl.de/epiphany/
> On the top right you'll find an example.
>
> Under http://projects.dfki.uni-kl.de/epiphany/form, you can write your
> own text and receive RDFa content.
>
> Currently, the underlying Linked Data model is a subset of DBpedia
> covering German politics.
> In later versions you will be able to upload or link your own Linked
> Data model to annotate web pages with your own domain specific RDFa.
>
> Please don't hesitate in giving me your comments :). Twitter hashtag
> is #RDFEPIPHANY
>
> Regards
> Ben

martin hepp
e-business & web science research group
universitaet der bundeswehr muenchen

e-mail:  hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org
phone:   +49-(0)89-6004-4217
fax:     +49-(0)89-6004-4620
         http://www.heppnetz.de/ (personal)
skype:   mfhepp
twitter: mfhepp

Project page:
http://purl.org/goodrelations/

Resources for developers:
http://www.ebusiness-unibw.org/wiki/GoodRelations

Webcasts:
Overview - http://www.heppnetz.de/projects/goodrelations/webcast/
How-to   - http://vimeo.com/7583816

Recipe for Yahoo SearchMonkey:
http://www.ebusiness-unibw.org/wiki/GoodRelations_and_Yahoo_SearchMonkey

Talk at the Semantic Technology Conference 2009:
"Semantic Web-based E-Commerce: The GoodRelations Ontology"
http://www.slideshare.net/mhepp/semantic-webbased-ecommerce-the-goodrelations-ontology-1535287

Overview article on Semantic Universe:
http://www.semanticuniverse.com/articles-semantic-web-based-e-commerce-webmasters-get-ready.html

Tutorial materials:
ISWC 2009 Tutorial: The Web of Data for E-Commerce in Brief: A Hands-on Introduction to the GoodRelations Ontology, RDFa, and Yahoo! SearchMonkey
http://www.ebusiness-unibw.org/wiki/Web_of_Data_for_E-Commerce_Tutorial_ISWC2009