Re: quick advice on content negotiation

Mark Baker wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 11:43 AM, Nathan <nathan@webr3.org> wrote:
>> in addition adding the extension .n3 / .rdf to the uri causes content
>> RDF to be returned instead.
>
> How is that information communicated to the world?  Is it documented
> somewhere, or expressed in-band?  If not the latter, then I'd say
> that's not passable because, from a REST POV it's not respecting the
> hypermedia constraint.  I'd suggest returning a Link header using the
> "alternate" relation type, e.g.
>
> GET /user/23 HTTP/1.1
> Host: example.org
> Accept: application/rdf+xml
>
> -->
>
> HTTP/1.1 200 Ok

already doing the aforementioned with the Link headers :) however raises
another question; is this okay in HTML

<link rel="alternate" type="application/rdf+xml"
href="http://example.org/user/23" title="RDF XML" />
<link rel="alternate" type="text/rdf+n3"
href="http://example.org/user/23" title="RDF N3" />

?