Re: ProductDB

Awesome indeed, but the two solutions are not equivalent, because
owl:propertyChainAxiom is a regular implication (a sufficient
condition to conclude barter:wants, but not its inverse), while your
N3 looks like you want an equivalence axiom (both the sufficient
condition and its inverse).
Aldo

Il giorno 14/ago/09, alle ore 18:40, Toby Inkster ha scritto:

> On Fri, 2009-08-14 at 18:12 +0200, Simon Reinhardt wrote:
>> barter:wants owl:propertyChainAxiom (gr:seeks gr:includesObject
>> gr:typeOfGood) .
>
> owl:propertyChainAxiom = awesome.
>
> I really need to take a closer look at OWL2. Without knowing
> about owl:propertyChainAxiom, I would have suggested N3:
>
> {
>  ?person gr:seeks ?off .
>  ?off gr:includesObject ?obj .
>  ?obj gr:typeOfGood ?product .
> }
>    => { ?person barter:wants ?product . } ;
>    <= { ?person barter:wants ?product . } .
>
> --
> Toby A Inkster
> <mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>
> <http://tobyinkster.co.uk>

_____________________________________

Aldo Gangemi

Senior Researcher
Semantic Technology Lab (STLab)
Institute for Cognitive Science and Technology,
National Research Council (ISTC-CNR)
Via Nomentana 56, 00161, Roma, Italy
Tel: +390644161535
Fax: +390644161513