Re: Segment RDF on BBC Programmes

Yves,

El 29/04/2009, a las 10:56, Yves Raimond escribió:

> On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 8:56 AM, John Goodwin
> <John.Goodwin@ordnancesurvey.co.uk> wrote:
>>>
>>> Also, content negotiation is coming! We finally got the
>>> approval, and even if it is hacky mod_rewrite based content
>>> negotiation, it should work. (Btw, why are the W3C recipes
>>> all mentioning mod_rewrite as a way to do content
>>> negotiation? AFAIK it is impossible to do proper conneg with
>>> it (handling of q values, etc.)).
>>
>> At risk of appearing daft...what does this mean?
>
> $ curl -H "Accept:
> text/html;q=1,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/
> *;q=0.8,application/rdf+xml;q=0,text/rdf+n3;q=0"
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/149e6720-4e4a-41a4-
> afca-6d29083fc091
>
> :-)

We're aware of the limitations of mod_rewrite to effectively and
correctly implement content-negotiation, please see note at [1] and
issue at [2]. Any suggestion on this would be greatly appreciated!

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/NOTE-swbp-vocab-pub-20080828/#negotiation
[2] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/58

--
Diego Berrueta