Re: Keeping crawlers up-to-date

Giovanni Tummarello wrote:
> Forced to mention RDFSync then (ISWC 2007)
>

> Giovanni Tummarello, Christian Morbidoni, Reto Bachmann-Gmür, Orri
> Erling "RDFSync: efficient remote synchronization of RDF models"
> http://semanticweb.deit.univpm.it/papers/RDFSyncISWC2007.pdf
>
> there was an implementation but it was just a proof of concept.
> It works with bnodes as well (that's the gist of the matter actually,
> with no bnodes it would be trivial). If there is REALLY interest then
> it could be worked to the point in which it can be implemented in
> sparql somehow (Orri was interested into this, personally i dont yet
> see such needs for frequent updates but i might be wrong and or just
> lazy :-))
>
> Giovanni

Giovanni,

We remain interested in RDFSync. The only hold up is that we don't want
to be the only implementors :-)

I deliberately didn't mention RDFSync in my earlier responses (FeedSync
was my first tiptoe in that direction).

I think we need to re-sync with Soren re. this matter as discussions
have progressed, it appears.

Kingsley

> On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 4:15 PM, Sören Auer
> <auer@informatik.uni-leipzig.de
> <mailto:auer@informatik.uni-leipzig.de>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Yves, all,
>
>     We envisioned publishing updates of LOD sources via a special LOD
>     resource space on the LOD endpoint.
>     The basic idea is to publish nested sets of updates as linked data
>     for years, months, days, hours, minutes, seconds.
>     This allows crawlers to only update resources which were recently
>     changed. The idea is implemented and described for Triplify at:
>
>     http://triplify.org/vocabulary/update
>
>     There is also a section on that in the paper:
>
>     Triplify - Lightweight Linked Data Publication from Relational
>     Databases. Proceedings of WWW 2009.
>     http://www.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/~auer/publication/triplify.pdf
>     <http://www.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/%7Eauer/publication/triplify.pdf>
>     http://www.slideshare.net/soeren1611/triplify-1341084
>
>     Cheers,
>
>     Sören
>

>     --

>     Sören Auer, AKSW/Computer Science Dept., University of Leipzig
>     http://www.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/~auer
>     <http://www.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/%7Eauer>,  Skype: soerenauer

President & CEO