Re: Can we afford to offer SPARQL endpoints when we are successful? (Was "linked data hosted somewhere")

Amazon Web Services <http://aws.amazon.com> platform offers one solution, I
think people will soon begin to realize that data access in the SW comes
with a small cost, and that cost can mainly be absorbed by the consumer. If
the user is deriving any utility from the data they consume, then they
should be willing to (at the least) pay for the physical resources for
delivering that data. AWS-like services allow users to pay pennies for
access to data, and such a model is conducive to bringing new applications
onto the semantic web with minimum cost to the user.

-sherman

--

Thanks,
-sherman

I pray that you may prosper in all things and be healthy, even as your soul
prospers
(3 John 1:2)