Re: ESWC 2008 Linked Data Playground

Hmm.
In a linked data world, the location of the institution would be published,
and then another linked world would be used to map place to lat/long?

This could actually happen just within dbpedia.
So looking up the institution in dbpedia will often give the p:city, which
leads to geo:lat and geo:long.
So what is needed is to sameAs
http://data.semanticweb.org/organization/humboldt-universitaet-berlin
and
http://dbpedia.org/page/Humboldt_University_of_Berlin
etc
And then follow the Linked Data road.

There are other solutions, but this is probably the simplest and safest?
Best
Hugh

On 29/05/2008 21:52, "Chris Bizer" <chris@bizer.de> wrote:

> Hi David,
>
>> Now, with all that open linked data, how much work does it take to get
>> lat/lng of 2 dozen well-known organizations? Should be trivial, right?
>
> Yes, trivial and very useful indeed.
>
> If somebody would go though the effort and put them online somewhere, we
> would be more than happy to set RDF links from the ESWC 2008 to this data.
>
> Cheers
>
> Chris
>

> --
> Chris Bizer
> Freie Universität Berlin
> +49 30 838 54057
> chris@bizer.de
> www.bizer.de

>>> type="application/rdf+xml" rel="exhibit/data" />
>>> with
>>> <link rel="alternate"
>>> href="http://data.semanticweb.org/dumps/conferences/eswc-2008-complete.rdf"
>>> type="application/rdf+xml" />
>>>
>>> I think we need to adopt a multi pronged approach to exposing Linked Data
>>> (the raw data behind the Web Page):
>>>
>>> 1. Content Negotiation (where feasible)
>>> 2. <link rel=.../>  (for RDF sniffers/crawlers)