Re: Linked Data re Non-Profits and NGO's. Have data, need vocabulary.

Bob,

If you have a complex dataset in an area with well-established
metadata conventions (e.g. bibliographic information datasets), then
it's usually easy to re-use existing vocabularies.

Outside of these areas, if there are no widely accepted standards,
then it's quite often necessary to roll your own. That's often easier
than cobbling together a solution from ill-fitting bits and pieces.
You can add mappings to other vocabularies later, based on community
feedback.

That being said:

For addresses there's an RDF version of vCard:
http://norman.walsh.name/2005/12/05/vcard

For people, obviously there's FOAF:
http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1

All the best,