From: Richard Cyganiak [mailto:richard@cyganiak.de]
Sent: Sat 6/21/2008 8:27 PM
To: Nicholas Humfrey
Cc: public-lod@w3.org
Subject: Re: bbc-programmes.dyndns.org

Nicholas,

I think it would be best to implement the mechanism described here:
http://www.w3.org/TR/cooluris/#hashuri

This would mean:
<b00b07kw#episode> is the thing
<b00b07kw.rdf> is the RDF variant
<b00b07kw.html> is the HTML variant
<b00b07kw> is a generic, content-negotiated document; it serves the
right variant directly, without any redirect, and gives the URI of the
selected variant in the Content-Location header.

It appears that the HTML version provides much more information than
the very brief RDF version, or am I just not finding most of the RDF?

Other minor things:

<bb0b07kw> should have a "Vary: Accept" header to indicate that the
resource is subject to content negotiation; otherwise caches can
become confused

A triple "<bb0b07kw> foaf:primaryTopic <bb0b07kw#episode>" would be
very helpful for RDF browsers.

Best,
Richard

http://www.bbc.co.uk/